A forward-looking meeting place for the construction sector
- Interest shown by exhibitors exceeds expectations
- Focus on planning, constructing and operating buildings digitally
- Supporting program with congress and forums
With a three-day trade fair, digitalBAU will bridge the gap between technology and industry. Through the event, the organizers, Messe München and Bundesverband Bausoftware e.V. (BVBS), are responding to the great demand for a platform for digital products and solutions in the construction sector. In addition to renowned exhibitors from the construction software sector, the construction industry and business, there will be a varied supporting program.
From February 11 to 13, 2020, Messe Köln will become a popular meeting place for the construction software sector. In the years between BAU, the world’s leading trade fair for the sector, there will be an important dialog platform for planners, architects, engineers, tradesmen and the industry as a whole.
High-profile exhibitors from the construction software sector, business and industry
Around a year before the trade fair is due to begin, digitalBAU is already proving successful: “More than 100 exhibitors are already interested in the new trade fair platform and will have the opportunity to present their business over an area covering 17,000 square meters. We are delighted that digitalBAU has been so well received at this early stage,” said Dr. Reinhard Pfeiffer, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Messe München. One of the first exhibitors, the well-known software company NEVARIS, is impressed by the new trade fair concept: “Digitalization is the key topic in the construction sector. Anyone who invests in smart software solutions now will be in a strong position for the future and will remain profitable in the long term. However, the construction sector is unique in many ways and requires specially tailored applications. digitalBAU will be an excellent opportunity to meet the companies that provide them together in one place,” said Daniel Csillag, Managing Director of NEVARIS Bausoftware GmbH. In addition to software solutions for construction IT, the event will also focus on the entire value chain when planning, constructing and operating buildings digitally. Companies such as Dormakaba (locking systems), Xella (construction and insulating materials) and the Nemetschek Group (software solutions) have already said they will take part.
During the three-day trade fair, around 12,000 visitors from Germany and other European countries are expected to come to the city on the Rhine and find out more about the technologies on show.
Boulevard connects the exhibition areas
The layout of the trade fair is just as innovative as the event concept. At the heart of the exhibition space is a boulevard, which leads through all exhibition areas and is designed to remind people of a digital information highway. In the center, there is an area for virtual reality (VR). With the help of VR headsets, construction projects will be visualized here in a realistic manner.
The “smart home” will also feature in the trade fair boulevard. Among other things, digitalBAU will show intelligent solutions, which increase comfort, energy efficiency and safety at home.
Varied supporting program
In addition to the various exhibition areas, digitalBAU will also offer an extensive supporting program including a congress and three forums.
- What will home and work be like in the future? What new stimuli, ideas and approaches will result from digitalization? What does the digital transformation mean for the planning, construction and maintenance of buildings? These and many other key issues will be discussed during the three forums. The forum program is free for all digitalBAU visitors.
- A congress lasting several days will also form part of the event. Here, the use of innovative products and technologies in specific construction projects will be presented and discussed. It will be a highlight for all interested architects, planners and engineers.
- As with BAU 2019 in Munich, digitalBAU will feature a platform, which brings together the digital initiatives within the construction industry and the latest developments in the software sector. In this area start-ups will be able to present their ideas and concepts and establish contacts with top decision-makers, potential supporters and future customers. The most persuasive digital ideas and the best method of implementation will receive prizes from a jury made up of independent specialists.